SunLight Chair Yoga
yoga for everyone!
"Stacie’s work of the heart is helping others to feel sunshine amid the challenges of human life at every stage of being. The world needs more sunshine yoga teachers like Stacie." -San Francisco Yoga Magazine 2017
Click here to listen to Stacie on Sound Health Radio (2019).
SunLight Chair Yoga offers:
- Online Courses & Books
- Chair Yoga Teacher Trainings
- Chair Yoga and Yoga at Work
- April & Aug, 2019: Chair Yoga/Office Yoga for Goodwin Law Firm, Palo Alto, CA
- Chair Yoga with Stacie on Cable TV
- Chair Yoga classes & workshops for companies & nonprofits
- Chair Yoga & Stress Reduction at health fairs & conferences
Demo of Chair Yoga poses
What is Chair Yoga?
It is Yoga, using a chair (standing and seated, as a prop for support.
Click here to watch Stacie talk about Chair Yoga, on Yogiviews cable TV show.
What is a Chair Yoga class like?
Chair Yoga classes with Stacie (or from Sunlight Chair Yoga videos or books), gives you the full benefits any other yoga class entails: centering, yoga warm ups, yoga exercises & postures, concentration & breathing exercises, guided relaxation & meditation.
What are the benefits?
- Improves flexibility (in body and mind)
- Strength (in body and mind)
- Increased energy
- Improved memory and clarity
- Better concentration
- Improved overall health and peace
- Chair yoga classes also brings social connection and a sense of community
- Chair Yoga creates a team building experience at work
Who can participate?
- Everyone! Chair Yoga is a safe and effective for any group, age, and ability.
- Seniors or those needing a gentle yoga class
- Those with chronic illness
- Pre and post surgery or injury modifications
- For those in wheelchairs and yoga for those with disabilities
- Chair yoga at work (in conference rooms or at your desk)
- Post traumatic stress recovery
- Classes at senior centers, community centers & assisted living homes
- Private instruction by appointment in home sessions
What do you wear?
Anything you want! Shoes or socks can be on of off in Chair Yoga classes.
Chair Yoga at Work
- A fun and safe activity everyone can do (weekly, quaterly or at health fairs)
- Comfortable and accessible. (Stay in your business attire!)
- Learn yoga at your desk to avoid repetitive stress injury
- Reduce absenteeism art the work place from stress related illness
- Release neck and back tensioning and computer related injuries
- Learn Chair Yoga with author and teacher Stacie Dooreck, over 23 years of experience, teaching yoga at companies and nonprofits, including: Lucasfilms, bebe stores inc., Genentech, Visa Inc, Gap Inc, Goldman Sachs, Miami and Aventura, FL city employees, San Francisco Public Defenders Office, Genesys, Lyris Inc & Exelexis Pharmaceuticals.